The measure will next go to the House of Representatives — where Speaker Nancy Pelosi has promised to bring the legislation forward “first thing” — before it can go to President Joe Biden’s desk for his signature.
- Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Senate minority leader
- Roy Blunt of Missouri
- Richard Burr of North Carolina
- Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
- Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
- Susan Collins of Maine
- John Cornyn of Texas
- Joni Ernst of Iowa
- Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
- Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
- Rob Portman of Ohio
- Mitt Romney of Utah
- Thom Tillis of North Carolina
- Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania
- Todd Young of Indiana
Of the 15, four — Blunt, Burr, Portman and Toomey — are retiring at the end of their terms.
This headline and story have been updated to reflect the final Senate vote.