This page includes the show Transcript
The Weekly Newsquiz tests your knowledge of events in the news
September 23, 2022
This Friday, we’re explaining anti-war protests in Russia and monitoring an announcement that could send more Russian citizens to the battlefield. We’ll also go on a trip to Minnesota to meet up with a legendary hiker and explore some iconic spots around Lake Superior and Tettegouche State Park.
WEEKLY NEWS QUIZ
1. A powerful 6.9 magnitude earthquake struck what island on Sunday triggering mudslides and tsunami warnings?
2. Puerto Rico is recovering from flooding and widespread blackouts after being impacted by a hurricane of what name?
3. On November 8th, the U.S. will vote in its next midterm elections. Of the 435 members of the U.S. House of Representatives, how many of them will be up for election this year?
4. Name the chamber of the U.S. Congress where about one-third of the 100 members will be up for election in the 2022 midterm elections.
5. Who is considered the father of the U.S. Constitution?
6. Name the new mission from NASA that hopes to deliberately smash a spacecraft into an asteroid`s moon.
7. New Jersey teacher Larry Abrams is on a mission to transform the lives of students across his state by distributed what item to youth in his community?
8. The first day of fall in the northern hemisphere, which sees equal amount of daylight and darkness, is also referred to as what?
9. Name the green pigment that is key to giving the leaves its colors during the long summer months.
10. The president of what country recently announced a mandate that could send 300,000 citizens to serve in its army?
Click here to access the printable version of today’s CNN 10 transcript
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10